Protect your family and your property.
To care for everyone and everything involved, and to make sure you get properly compensated, follow these important steps.
- Make sure everyone is safe.
- Prevent further damage. Make reasonable and necessary repairs required to protect the property and keep an accurate record of repair expenses.
- Notify the police if the loss is the result of theft or other crime. Notify banks and credit card companies about any missing bank or credit cards.
- Keep track of any other expenses you incur because of the loss. Some or all of these expenses may be reimbursable under your policy.
- Prepare an inventory of all personal property destroyed, damaged or stolen as a result of the loss. Show the quantity, description, actual cash value and amount of loss for each item. Attach all pertinent invoices, bills, and documents that substantiate the figures in the inventory. Attach photographs or owner's manuals that will help confirm the value of listed items.
- Retain the damaged property.
- Report your home insurance claim to Arbella as soon as possible.