- Is Arbella.com a secure website?
Yes, our site was developed with safe and secure Internet transactions in mind. Any transactions processed will have https in front of the URL to indicate that you are now in a "secure session" and any information sent to Arbella will be encrypted.
- What is the difference between my insurance agent and my insurance carrier?
Arbella is an insurance carrier. We’re the people who actually insure your car, home, business, and other possessions. We also handle insurance claims and billing inquiries. Your local independent agent is the person who sells you the Arbella insurance policy. We work with only the finest independent agents in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. They share our belief in excellent, one-on-one customer service. They’ll use their knowledge and expertise to get you the right coverage.
- How can I find an Arbella insurance agent?
You can find a local Arbella independent insurance agent by entering your zip code at the bottom left of this page where it says, “Find a local independent agent.”
- What insurance discounts do you offer?
Arbella offers car insurance discounts
for being a safe driver, taking driver safety training, combining your Arbella car insurance and home insurance, and many more. Contact your local independent agent to see if you are eligible for one or more of our insurance discounts.
- Who do I call to change my address
Your independent agent will be able to makes changes to your address and any other parts of your Arbella insurance policy.
- How can I get a copy of my insurance policy or my bill?
Your independent agent can provide you with a copy of your policy declaration page and a copy of your most recent bill.
- How do I obtain Loss Runs for my business insurance policy?
You can either contact your independent agent or fax your request directly to Arbella at 617-745-7493. Your request must be on company letterhead and include your name and company job title. Your loss runs will be mailed to you via USPS regular mail.
- Why can’t I access my insurance policy online?
Your agent is available to service your Arbella insurance policy needs and answer any general or billing questions you may have.
- Who can I call to discuss my bill?
Your agent will be able to explain your bill, make changes to your Arbella policy, and answer any billing questions you may have.
- How long does an electronic payment take to apply to my insurance policy?
Electronic payments will apply within 1 to 2 business days.
- Does Arbella charge installment fees?
If you pay your policy balance in full, you will not be charged installment fees. However, if you choose an installment plan, you will be charged installment fees
. You can save on installment fees by enrolling in the automated payment plan
- What happens if my payment is received late?
If a payment is received after the due date, a late fee may be charged to your policy. Late fees
range from $15.00 to $25.00.
- Can I make a payment through my bank’s online payment service?
Yes. Arbella accepts all payments that are submitted through banks’ online payment services. Please check with your bank to see if this option is available.
- Can I select a due date for my insurance bill?
You can select a due date for your Massachusetts private passenger auto policy. Please contact your independent agent or call us at 1-800-ARBELLA.
- Can I have a bill mailed to an address other than my home address?
Yes, you can have your bills sent to an alternate address, other than your home address. Please contact your independent insurance agent with any address change.
- Can someone, other than me, make payments on my Insurance policy?
Yes. Arbella will accept a payment for your insurance policy from someone other than you. However, policy specific information will only be disclosed to your agent and the named insured(s) on the policy. Additionally, all return premium will be mailed directly to the named insured(s) on the policy.
- What are the methods of payment that Arbella will accept?
Arbella accepts many different types of payments. We accept personal checks, money orders, e-checks, debit cards and credit cards (Visa, and MasterCard). Please note that Arbella business insurance customers cannot pay their premiums with a credit card.
- Can I pay my insurance bill online or by phone?
Yes, Arbella accepts e-check, debit card, and credit card payments online
and by phone
. You can make a payment 24 hours a day.
- Is there a fee to pay online or by phone?
No, there is no fee to make a payment online or by phone.
- How long does an online or phone payment take to apply to my policy?
Payments made online
or over the phone
can take 24 to 72 to post to your policy. When using those services, please be sure that your payment is made on or before the due date.
- What payment plans does Arbella offer?
Arbella offers a variety of payment plan options
so our customers can choose the option that meets their needs.
- Who can I call if I have questions about my insurance bill?
You can contact your independent insurance agent or our Customer Service department at 1-800-ARBELLA (272-3552). Our Customer Service department is available Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm.
- What is the automated payment plan?
With the Arbella automated payment plan program
, your monthly installments are deducted from your checking or savings account automatically on your due date. If your due date falls on a weekend or holiday, your payment will be deducted the next business day. You will also save money because no monthly installment fees are charged when you enroll in this plan.
- Who is eligible to participate in the Arbella automated payment plan?
The Arbella automated payment plan is available for customers with the following policies:
- MA and CT private passenger car
- MA and CT homeowner
- MA rental property and MA business car and truck policies
- How do I enroll in the Arbella automatic payment plan?
To begin the Arbella automated payment plan, simply request an authorization form from your agent or fill one out online.
To complete the enrollment, form you will need to provide the name and address of your financial institution, the type of account (checking or savings), and the ABA routing # of the financial institution.
- Can I select the due date for my Arbella automated payment plan deductions?
- In MA, automated payment deductions are offered for personal car, homeowners, rental property and business car and truck.
- You can choose a due date from the 1st to the 28th for MA personal car policies only.
- In CT, automated payment deductions are offered for personal car and homeowners.
- You can choose the 5th or 20th of the month for CT automated deductions.
- Are there monthly installment fees for the Arbella automated payment plan?
No. Enrolling in this plan will save you money because you won’t be charged monthly installment fees. And by paying electronically, you’ll also save on postage.
- After my enrollment in the Arbella automatic payment plan, when will the first deduction occur?
Once you enroll in the Arbella automated payment plan, you will receive a letter stating the month in which withdrawals will begin. You will also receive an Electronic File Transfer (EFT) statement approximately 20 days before the next withdrawal indicating the due date and withdrawal amount. If your due date falls on a weekend or holiday, your payment will be withdrawn on the next business day.
- Will I receive a monthly statement if my policy is on the Arbella automated payment plan?
We issue an automated payment plan statement if you’re a new customer and upon renewal. Deductions will be withdrawn from your account approximately on the same day each month. We will send an updated notification if there is a change in your deduction amount by more than $1.00 or if there is a change to your due date. If your scheduled payment falls on a weekend or holiday, your payment will be withdrawn the next business day.
- If I make a change to my policy in the middle of a billing cycle, what will be the deduction amount for that month?
Your deduction amount will be the amount indicated on the last statement you received. Any adjustments to your minimum due and/or balance due will be reflected on your next automated payment plan statement.
- What do I do to make a change to my Arbella automated payment plan information or to cancel my enrollment in this plan?
You can contact your local independent insurance agent or request a change via our online enrollment form
at least 15 days prior to your next scheduled deduction.
- Does my billing plan change when I enroll in the Arbella automated payment plan?
No. The automated payment plan is a method for making payments, it does not change the number of installments on your policy billing plan.
- What happens if my automated payment plan deduction is returned for insufficient funds?
If your payment is not honored by your financial institution, a $25.00 fee may be charged to your policy and could result in the issuance of a late fee and legal notice of cancellation for nonpayment.
- What happens if a legal notice of cancellation for nonpayment is issued on my policy?
The legal notice of cancellation is not part of the automated payment plan. You must pay the amount due on the legal notice of cancellation by an alternate payment method (check, e-check, debit card and credit card) prior to the effective date of cancellation. If the notice of cancellation is rescinded, your automated payment plan will resume with the issuance of a new automated payment plan statement outlining the deduction amount and due date for future deductions.
- Can I add multiple policies to one MyArbella account?
Yes! You can add all your Massachusetts personal Arbella policies—auto, home, umbrella, renters, and condo—to your MyArbella account.
- Can my policies be linked to more than one MyArbella account?
No, an Arbella policy can only be linked to one MyArbella account.
- What is my MyArbella login? Can I change it?
Your MyArbella login is your email address. If you need to change your email, no problem! Just login to MyArbella and go to Account Settings. Select “Update Contact Information” and change your email address.
- Can I change my MyArbella password?
Yes. Simply login to MyArbella, go to Account Settings, and click Change My Password.
- What if I lost or forgot my password?
Not a problem! Just click the link that says “Forgot Your Password?” on the login screen. Then you’ll be prompted to enter the email address associated with your account. From there, we will verify your account security question with you and send you an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
- What browsers is MyArbella optimized for?
You can access MyArbella from any web browser, but your experience will be best if you use Safari, Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer 8 or higher (not in compatibility mode). And don’t forget—you can also access MyArbella from your favorite mobile device!
- How do I add or remove policies on MyArbella?
When you register for MyArbella, you’ll be asked to add a policy to your account. To add additional policies, go to My Policies and click Add Policy. To remove policies go to the Account Settings section of the site and select the Linked Policies item. There will be an option to remove your policy from the account.
- Do all my policies linked need to be with the same independent agent?
No, your policies can be with different independent agents.
- Why can’t I add my policy to MyArbella?
If you’re having trouble adding a policy, please contact Arbella Customer Service at 1-800-ARBELLA (272-3552) and select option 2 for Customer Service. Representatives are available for you Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:30pm or by email at email@example.com.
- Who do I contact with questions about MyArbella?
For MyArbella support, please contact Arbella Customer Service at 1-800-ARBELLA (272-3552) and select option 2 for Customer Service. Representatives are available for you Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:30pm or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.